After Code Shrew
When you are comfortable with the lessons provided here and would like to move onto something more challenging, what comes next? Well, that's up to you! There are many tools and sites available now that are a great next step so we decided to provide some links for when you're ready. Some pieces of advice (note, these are opinion based on my experience!):
- A lot of tools and resources are fantastic and FREE, so take advantage of that!
- Code Shrew is Python-based, meaning it will likely be easiest to move on to coding in Python if you have only tried Code Shrew.
- Python is a very popular language (it's what I use!) and really a great one to know for programming quick scripts (like fun games and making small software tools) and working with data.
- Python has a great overall guide to get you started
- If you're interested in creating mobile apps, check out Swift
- Swift Playgrounds is a great place to start if you have an iOS system
Sites that offer free courses:
Please reach out to us with any questions you have about getting started with another language! We'd be happy to help.